1) Click Start->All Programs->VERITAS NetBackup->Backup, Archive, and Restore->Select for Backup
2) Select the directories and/or files you wish to have backed up. Your document files will typically be located at C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\My Documents
3) Click Actions -> Start Backup of Marked Files… -> Start Backup -> Yes
4) A View Status window will appear. The Operation Status will start as In Progress and will indicate Successful when the backup is complete. At any time when the Operation Status shows In Progress or Successful, you may close the Status Windows and the NetBackup software. The backup will continue in the background.
Restoring from a backup:
1) Click Start->All Programs->VERITAS NetBackup->Backup, Archive, and Restore->Select for Restore
2) A split window will appear. The top pane contains icons sorted by date and time for all backups, manual or scheduled, attempted on your system. The bottom pane contains all files included in the selected backup.
3) You will generally see 3 different icons indicating backup “type”
a. * - indicates manual backup
b. "-" - indicates incremental
c. Tick - indicates full backup
4) Select the backup time, date and files/folders you wish to have restored
5) Click Actions -> Start Restore of Marked Files…
6) A window will appear containing options for the restore. It is recommended you browse to a restore destination other than the original and choose the do not restore the file if the destination file already exists option. This will ensure you do not overwrite any existing files.
7) Click Start Restore -> Yes
8) A View Status window will appear. You will need to increase the Refresh Rate interval to at least 1 second or occasionally click the refresh button to see the status of the restore. The Operation Status will start as In Progress and will indicate Successful when the restore is complete